||Financial Management and Policy Training
||1. This project was initiated by the city mayor and supported by the Asian Foundation with the goal of facilitating a financial management and policy training involving the executive administration’s financial professionals and advisors and 35 officials in order to improve city budgeting and supervisor evaluations.
||Banking and finance
||Public Assumptions on Inflation Survey
||The goal was to assess public expectations about inflation, the world economic recession and its negative influence on Mongolia’s economy.
||“Elaboration of Business Plan and Marketing Strategies for Sheep Wool Building Insulation Producing SMEs”
||People in Need NGO (Clovek v Tisni) from the Czech Republic
||People in Need initiated a program named, “Integrated Approach for Supply Chain Development Turning Sheep Wool into Environmentally Friendly Building Material” in 2013 under the European Union’s SWITCH-Asia program. PIN-SWITCH’s long-term program framework focused on “developing sufficient know-how among SMEs, including cooperatives and community level entrepreneurs, to produce and market SWBI” as well as raising awareness and technical know-how among pastoralists, architects, construction companies, policy makers and home owners.
The goals of the training were defined as such: “to develop business plans and marketing strategies for producing SWBI with selected SMEs through intensive training and systematic coaching.”
The following deliverables were divided into two phases:
Phase I (July 14th – August 3rd)
● Develop training agenda and training content
● Train 20 SMEs on the elaboration of business plans and oversee the creation of 1st draft business plans
Phase II (August 4th- August 13th)
● Participate in the selection of SMEs for further cooperation according to set criteria in close cooperation with the PIN-SWITCH team.
● Provide individualized coaching for chosen SMEs to elaborate and refine their SWBI business plans and marketing strategies based on identified needs and market surveys;
● Approve elaborated business proposals as suitable for approaching financial institutions.
||Training for Business Opportunity: Green Building in Practice
||Caritas Czech Republic
||Orkhon, Darkhan-Uul, Dornod, Umnugovi, Ulaanbaatar
||The training goal is to present the findings of market survey on fly ash based building materials to stakeholders in building sector
||Methodology for collecting survey data
|| JTI Kazakhstan LLC In Mongolian Representative
||Training on data collection methodology was held from September 1 to April 04, 2012 by MIRIM Consultant LLC, researcher and trainer N. Yanjinpagma and training for 4 researchers from JTI.
||Business Management Capacity Building Training Program For Forest User Groups and Cooperatives/Enterprises Tunkhel village
||The following general topics were defined for the trainings, but the trainings also included other topics:
● Team management/ Management skill
● Cooperative management
● Business plan development/ Value chain /Production planning
● Cooperative accounting/finance
The training modules consist of the following steps:
• Lectureing and seminars
• Exercise sessions
• Face to face mentoring
• Group discussion